Sunday, October 19, 2014

Put Me on a Diet (Sung to Eagles' Take it to the Limit)

Eagles' Take it to the Limit

The holidays are approaching fast, and some of us are dreading them simply because we don't want to add on that extra 10 or so pounds experts say we will after all that turkey, gravy, and various sweet treats we'll be over indulging in over the holidays.

So this song is dedicated to all those dedicated dieters out there who need a theme song. The best diet plan in the world is a continual sing-along because it's damned near impossible to sing a song while you're stuffing your face with pie.

Put me on a diet 
(Sung to Take It to the limit)

All alone at the end of my dinner
With the carrots still fresh on my plate
I was thinking do really want to
blow it with a big piece of cake

You know I've always been an eater
(Can't put the fork down)
And the fat seems to pile on
(I'm as tall as I am around)
But the food I've eaten lately
Doesn't hit the spot, can't eat a lot,
I'm ready for a change

So put me on a diet
and show me you care
just put me on a diet
if you dare

I can spend all my time eating chocolates
I can spend all my time eating pie
But if the gravy boat ran out tomorrow
Would I still be fine?

When I'm looking for a diet
(I am the yo-yo man)
I need something that'll work
(A doable diet plan)
Cause I don't wanna die tomorrow,
If I don't stop, I'm gonna pop
the button on my jeans,

So put me on a diet
and show me you care
just put me on a diet
if you dare

Put me on a diet, ohhhhh
Put me on a diet, eeeeee
Put me...on a diet
If you dare

©P. Beckert







No comments:

Post a Comment

If you enjoyed reading this article, or didn't enjoy reading this article, I'd like to know. Go on, I can take it...